Polygram Film & Television Licensing has named Gary Miller associate director, film licensing. He will be reponsible for negotiating licensing fees for films and soundtrack albums. Miller comes to Polygram from MCA Music Publishing.
* * *The Post Group has upped Patrick Clancey to supervising visual effects compositor of its Digital Film Group division. Clancey will oversee the group’s artists and technicians, compose bids and assist in marketing. Clancy’s credits include “Titanic,” “The 69th Annual Academy Awards” and “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” for which he won an Emmy in 1991.
* * *Cheryl McDermott has been named VP of business affairs at Saban Intl. She will oversee third-party programming aquisitions for Fox Kids Network Worldwide, a joint venture between Saban and Fox Kids Network. Before joining Saban, McDermott held posts at Turner Entertainment’s TV distribution arm and at MGM/UA Intl. Television Distribution.
* * *Paul Ryan Prods. has upped Bernard Feldman to VP of production and Tracy Martin has been named veepee of development.
* * *Peter Remmers has joined commercial production company Silver Hammer as senior designer-director. Remmers has designed projects for Sony Pictures, McDonald’s, Amblin Entertainment and American Express. Hammer recently received an Emmy for its graphic and title design for “The Oprah Winfrey Show.”
* * *Linda McLoof has been upped to from manager to director, audience research and analysis, for Showtime Networks. She will be responsible for assessing the viewing behavior of Showtime’s broadcast and basic cable networks.
* * *Online content provider the HUB has added Marshall Klein as director of business affairs and bumped Annie West to creative director. Klein joined from New Line Cinema, where he was director of accounting, and West spent the last year as the HUB’s art director.
* * *John Johnston has been tapped marketing director of the Americas region for Kodak’s Professional Motion Imaging unit. Johnston will serve as marketing liaison for U.S. sales managers here and in Canada and Latin America. Johnston has held numerous sales and marketing titles since joining Kodak in 1973.