Rob Sorcher has been upped to executive VP of Cartoon Network, U.S., from his previous post of senior VP and G.M. He will continue to oversee the day-to-day operations of Cartoon Network domestically, presiding over programming, marketing, on-air promotion and the network’s newly formed program development unit.In his new role, Sorcher will also assume responsibilities for expanding the network online. Working under Cartoon Network prexy Betty Cohen, Sorcher helped oversee Cartoon Network’s successful launch this year of the original cartoon series “Dexter’s Laboratory,” “Johnny Bravo” and “Cow & Chicken,” propelling the network to its all-time high in primetime household delivery during the third quarter.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California