Just when the Canwest-owned web TV3 thought it had the Kiwi youth market to itself with a June 29 launch of its new TV4, Auckland pubcaster TVNZ announced it will devote an entire channel to MTV.TVNZ’s new general manager of television Neil Roberts closed down the unprofitable Horizon regional network this month with an estimated 110 job losses. Last week, he confirmed that the new MTV service would screen on the former Horizon channel via satellite beginning July 2. He said New Zealand will be the only country in the world providing the 24-hour MTV service free to air. TV4’s general manager Bettina Hollings played down the threat posed by MTV.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut