Veteran television reporter Garrick Utley is leaving ABC News to join Cable News Network, in the second major defection from ABC in just over a month. Utley, chief foreign correspondent for ABC in London, will join Time Warner Inc.’s CNN in February. He will work out of New York as a reporter on national and international stories. Brit Hume, ABC’s chief White House correspondent, is moving to News Corp.’s Fox News Channel.Lionel Richie has been inducted into the Alabama Music Hall of Fame. First installed in the Hall of Fame in 1995 for his work with the Commodores, Richie becomes the only double inductee of the institution. This time around, he received the Lifework Award in recognition of his solo career. Entertainment litigator Gail Migdal Title has been named a managing partner in the L.A.-Irvine offices of Katten Muchin & Zavis. Title concentrates her practice in contract-based and intellectual-property entertainment cases. She joined KMZ in March, and serves on the board of directors and executive committee. Doug Case has joined marketing outfit Browne Zukow Case Associates as a principal. He had been creative direc-tor at Browne Zukow & Associates since 1992. The San Francisco-based company offers TV, radio and web site-related advertising and PR services. The board of directors at Sachs, Finley & Co. Advertising/Sachs Family Entertainment has appointed John A. Ser-rao to the post of chairman of the board. A TV vet with a 37-year career, Serrao will spearhead the company’s ex-pansion efforts in its TV and advertising operations. Sachs, Finley & Co. is the only full-service ad agency in the country exclusively dedicated to the children’s market.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut