CANNES — The 31st Midem music market opened over the weekend with the awarding of “Midem Music Makers” to industry luminaries Harvey Goldsmith, Jean-Paul Baudecroux and Tom Yoda.At a private dinner Saturday night, Midem chief exec Xavier Roy honored U.K.-based Goldsmith’s contribution to concert promotion. France’s Baudecroux was honored for his innovative radio station NRJ FM and Yoda got the nod for the phenomenal growth of his record company Avex DD, one of Japan’s top five record companies.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut