Tom Hanks is the honorary chairman for the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra’s eighth annual Silent Film Gala April 12 at Glendale’s Alex Theater.The gala will screen King Vidor’s 1928 comedy “Show People” with the full orchestra playing Carl Davis’ score behind it. Hanks began his affiliation with the LACO gala in 1991, when he introduced Charlie Chaplin’s “City Lights.” The pic — starring Marion Davies and with cameos by Chaplin, Douglas Fairbanks Sr., John Gilbert and Louella Parsons — is about a Georgia girl who comes to Hollywood with dreams of making it as a dramatic actress, but falls into a slapstick comedy. For tickets, call (213) 622-7001, ext. 275.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut