PARIS — French President Jacques Chirac honored the entertainment business on Thursday, distributing Legion d’Honneur awards to some top international and local industry names.Veteran jazz violinist Stephane Grappelli becomes a Commandeur of the Legion d’Honneur, the top legion award. Two stalwarts of France’s TV industry, TF1 No. 2 Etienne Mougeotte and former pubcaster president and more recently Pathe Television topper Janine Langlois-Glandier both become Officiers, as do director and writer Lars Schmidt and Charles Aznavour. Nana Mouskouri, who has traditionally had a strong following in France, is awarded the Chevalier of the Legion d’Honneur. That honor also goes to “Les Visiteurs” director Jean-Marie Poire.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut