J&M Entertainment Ltd. has picked up foreign rights to “Ocean Tribe,” which won the best director award at this year’s Los Angeles Independent Film Festival.Pic is the story of four old friends who reunite to take a terminally ill buddy on a final surfing adventure. J&M picked up the rights in a six-figure deal. Producer Jeff Dowd made the deal with J&M’s VP Karen Roberts. A fall overseas debut for the film is scheduled. U.S. rights have not been sold.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut