Candidates are being solidified for the upcoming Writers Guild of America election. Daniel Petrie Jr. and Lynn Roth are expected to run for president to succeed Brad Radnitz, who is not expected to run for another term, sources say. Each confirmed their candidacies on Tuesday.Meanwhile, John Wells is looking to run for guild vice president, and John Riley and Michael Mahern are eyeing Wells’ current post as secretary treasurer, sources said. The lineup of candidates could increase in the coming weeks. The election is this fall, and the guild’s nominating committee is expected to announce the initial slate of candidates later this month. In another development, writers met with studio reps Tuesday in “fast-track” talks for a new contract, which expires next year.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut