The Shotmaker Co. has named Roy Atlas president and chief operating officer of the camera-car and equipment company and has relocated its main offices to North Hollywood’s new-media district. Former O’Mel-veny & Meyers attorney Laird Robertson also has joined the company as CEO.A division of Camera Platforms Intl., Shotmaker was founded in 1983 by filmmaker Hal Needham and won an Academy Award in 1986 for its special rig, which allows filming of a moving car. Shotmaker currently is planning an expansion of operations, said Robertson, “by applying our expertise to other products and services and through the acquisition of other companies.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California