In the latest of a series of senior management appointments, King World Prods. has named Steven LoCascio senior vice president and chief financial officer.LoCascio has served as King World’s interim CFO since Anthony Hull left the job in May 1995. He reports to company president Michael King and chairman Roger King. King World officials declined comment, but sources say the distributor of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” “Wheel of Fortune” and other syndie hits also is close to naming industry vet Jules Haimovitz as its chief operating officer (Daily Variety, May 19). In announcing LoCascio’s promotion, Michael King said the eight-year company vet had “the confidence of the Wall Street community.” LoCascio joined King World as controller in 1989 and was promoted to VP in 1991. King World hired investment banker Michael Speissbach last October to head its new King World Ventures unit focusing on acquisitions and investments. King World also has beefed up its sales and development ranks over the past six months.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut