WASHINGTON — Fox’s Washington O&O WTTG was slapped with a $10,000 fine for eight violations of the FCC’s rules covering limits on advertisements during children’s programming.The eight alleged violations occurred between 1992 and 1996, according to the FCC. Under the agency’s rules commercial time must be limited to 10-1/2 minutes per hour on weekends and 12 minutes on weekdays. In addition to WTTG, the FCC also fined three independent stations in Virginia: WDRG Danville ($10,000), WGNT Portsmouth ($14,000) and WAMB Richmond ($15,000).
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut