With Reed Hundt’s resignation official, it’s time to handicap the front-runners to replace him as FCC chairman.Susan Ness FCC commissioner Pro: A female candidate with three years of FCC experience, she is a friend of Hillary Clinton. Con: She is closely tied to Hundt’s controversial reign as chairman. William Kennard FCC general counsel and FCC commissioner nominee Pro: He is a minority who is well-respected in the industry. He was nominated by the White House to fill a Democratic vacancy. Con: Headed division which unsuccessfully defended portions of Telecommunications Act thrown out by courts. Kathleen Wallman White House economic adviser and former FCC staffer Pro: A female candidate with close ties to the White House, who has recently been lobbying on her own behalf on Capitol Hill. Con: Those same close ties to the White House and Hundt.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- John Madden on Releasing Jessica Chastain Political Thriller ‘Miss Sloane’ in Trump era U.S.
- Playback: Dev Patel on ‘Lion’ and Diversity’s Double-Edged Sword
- ‘Moonlight,’ ‘Silence,’ ‘Stranger Things’ Among AFI Awards Official Selections
- Last Year’s Oscar Winners, This Year’s Contenders Land Grammy Nominations
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut