The Federal Communications Commission received two separate bomb threats shortly after noon Tuesday, forcing hundreds of agency employees into Washington’s chilly afternoon weather.Sources say police suspect one caller made both threats. The caller claimed a bomb would explode at 1 p.m. The first threat was received by the agency’s Cable Bureau, and the second was received a block away at the commission’s M Street headquarters. Washington Metropolitan Police and Federal Protection Service bomb squads failed to turn up evidence of a bomb, and employees returned to work at 3 p.m.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut