SANTA BARBARA – The romantic classic “Cyrano de Bergerac” and lesser-known plays by Noel Coward and Bertolt Brecht will highlight the inaugural season of the Lobero Stage Co.The Equity company, based in this city’s historic Lobero Theatre, will open March 21 with Alberto Casella’s allegorical comedy “Death Takes a Holiday.” The season continues with Brecht’s “The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui,” April 18 through May 4; Coward’s “Fallen Angels,” May 9-25; and “Cyrano,” June 6-22. Artistic director Peter Hunt, who announced the plays Thursday morning, will direct three of the four shows. “Fallen Angels” will be directed by John Tillinger, a veteran of the New York theater and associate artistic director of the Long Wharf Theatre in New Haven, Conn.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut