NEW YORK — The Drama League handed out this season’s awards to the legit community at its 63rd annual ceremony at the Plaza Hotel on Friday.Winners included “The Life” for musical, “Chicago” for revival and “The Last Night of Ballyhoo” for play. Jason Robards won the Unique Contribution to the Theater Award, which was presented to him by Christopher Plummer. This year’s Distinguished Performance Award, presented by Uta Hagen, was split between two recipients: Charles Durning for “The Gin Game” and Bebe Neuwirth for “Chicago.” Gerard Alessandrini, “Forbidden Broadway Strikes Back” director, won Distinguished Achievement in Musical Theater.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut