NEW YORK – “Dream,” the $5.5 million Broadway musical revue of Johnny Mercer tunes, will close July 6. The show, directed and choreographed by Wayne Cilento, has been struggling to gain its audience and boost grosses since opening at the Royale Theater April 3.The tuner, which stars Lesley Ann Warren, John Pizzarelli and Margaret Whiting, was hit particularly hard by a near-absence of Tony Award nominations, scoring only one (and losing) for Cilento’s choreography. For the week ending June 29, “Dream” grossed only $160,181 of a potential $497,200. When it closes, “Dream” will have played 24 previews and 109 regular performances. A team of seven producers, headed by Louise Westegaard, is considering a London production and U.S. tour.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania