NEW YORK – “Dream,” the $5.5 million Broadway musical revue of Johnny Mercer tunes, will close July 6. The show, directed and choreographed by Wayne Cilento, has been struggling to gain its audience and boost grosses since opening at the Royale Theater April 3.The tuner, which stars Lesley Ann Warren, John Pizzarelli and Margaret Whiting, was hit particularly hard by a near-absence of Tony Award nominations, scoring only one (and losing) for Cilento’s choreography. For the week ending June 29, “Dream” grossed only $160,181 of a potential $497,200. When it closes, “Dream” will have played 24 previews and 109 regular performances. A team of seven producers, headed by Louise Westegaard, is considering a London production and U.S. tour.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut