Now that Disney-owned ABC has said it will reject ads for 20th Century Fox’s new animated film “Anastasia” during its Sunday “Wonderful World of Disney” franchise, will Fox Broadcasting Co. retaliate? Right now, Fox airs ads for Disney’s summer animated flick “Hercules,” and sources at Fox say that while anything is possible, the ads probably won’t be pulled. “Why would we turn down money?” one source said. To reject “Hercules,” Fox also might have to reject McDonald’s ads with “Hercules” tie-ins, although it’s unclear whether ABC will reject “Anastasia’s” promotional partner, Burger King. Fox also hopes the publicity surrounding Disney’s synergistic move will help give “Anastasia” a boost. “It makes them look scared of Anastasia,” the source said.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania