Now that Disney-owned ABC has said it will reject ads for 20th Century Fox’s new animated film “Anastasia” during its Sunday “Wonderful World of Disney” franchise, will Fox Broadcasting Co. retaliate? Right now, Fox airs ads for Disney’s summer animated flick “Hercules,” and sources at Fox say that while anything is possible, the ads probably won’t be pulled. “Why would we turn down money?” one source said. To reject “Hercules,” Fox also might have to reject McDonald’s ads with “Hercules” tie-ins, although it’s unclear whether ABC will reject “Anastasia’s” promotional partner, Burger King. Fox also hopes the publicity surrounding Disney’s synergistic move will help give “Anastasia” a boost. “It makes them look scared of Anastasia,” the source said.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut