Jack Valenti, Motion Picture Assn. of America chairman and CEO, left Tuesday for his annual European diplomatic tour, where he is scheduled to meet with government officials to discuss issues that affect the American and European audiovisual industries.During a stop at the Venice Film Festival, Valenti will pause for gelati with Italian Deputy Prime Minister Walter Veltroni. The pair is expected to huddle about relations between the U.S. and the Italian film business. In Paris, Valenti — joined by American DGA and WGA officials — will parley with members of SACEM, the French rights collection agency, about Franco-American cultural exchange. Valenti will also make his traditional appearance at Deauville’s Festival of American Cinema, where he’ll present the Michel d’Ornano prize for best script authored by a novice French film writer. The winner will be announced Sept. 7.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania