Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment have come to an agreement to do a feature film sequel of “Casper” and the studio has been granted the merchandising rights to the sequel.Merchandising rights to the Harvey comic characters will remain with Harvey. Universal’s theatrical sequel has been in development for some time, but 20th Century Fox won the video rights from Harvey last year for a direct-to-video “Casper” release (Daily Variety, May 29).
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut