NEW YORK — Jena Malone, who starred in Anjelica Huston’s “Bastard Out of Carolina” and the Goldie Hawn-helmed “Hope,” has landed a starring role in “Good Night Moon,” the Chris Columbus-directed drama for TriStar that will star Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon. Wendy Finerman produces.Malone will play the daughter of Sarandon’s character, who discovers she’s terminally ill and has to teach her husband’s new girlfriend (Roberts) to replace her as mother to the children. The role was highly sought after by young actresses. Malone will be seen shortly playing a young Jodie Foster in “Contact,” the Robert Zemeckis-directed film for Warner Bros. Malone was repped by ICM’s Toni Howard and Tracy Brennan. She’s managed by Richard Berman and Beverly Strong.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania