Wesley Snipes has closed a deal to star in Warner Bros.’ “U.S. Marshals,” the studio’s follow-up to “The Fugitive,” sources said.Snipes had been in talks to play Sheridan, a savvy fugitive who outwits the marshals (Daily Variety, Jan. 21). Tommy Lee Jones revives his role as Sam Gerard, the U.S. Marshal who tracked Dr. Richard Kimble (Harrison Ford) in the original pic. Still to be cast is the character of Roach, a key member of Gerard’s team. Shooting is scheduled to begin in June. Snipes is repped by Endeavor.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut