Brad Silberling (“Casper”), currently in pre-production on Warner Bros.’ “City of Angels,” is attached to direct Universal’s “Father Figure,” to be produced by Brillstein-Grey Entertainment.The project is about a businessman who enters a second marriage and finds himself the father of a newborn for the first time in 30 years. When his wife dies, he gets involved in a custody battle, “which forces him to confront his commitment to the very role he failed at in the past – being a father,” according to Brillstein-Grey. The project came to Brillstein-Grey from a pitch by Silberling, Danielle Black and Tom Nunan. The pic will be produced by Brad Grey. Silberling, Black and Nunan are executive producers.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut