Matt Healy, who penned the recent Scott Free production “In Too Deep,” will write the World War II actioner “The Ludendorff Pirates” for Warner Bros.Pic is based on a book that was optioned by the studio for Shuler-Donner/Donner Prods. It is about a group of Allied hijackers who pose as German sailors to take over the largest German battleship of World War II. The project was brought in by Mills Goodloe, VP of production at Shuler-Donner/Donner. Healy was a staffer at Newsday before he got a big screenwriting break with “In Too Deep,” which recently wrapped production. The film noir comedy stars Janeane Garofalo, Joaquin Phoenix and Vince Vaughn. Healy is repped by Kristin Jones of ICM.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut