The Film Information Council has given “Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion” its excellence in film marketing award for April.The Los Angeles-based organization cited Buena Vista’s print campaign, which featured stars Mira Sorvino and Lisa Kudrow on multiple mag covers. Also, FIC praised the actresses for their efforts on the TV talkshow circuit. The FIC gave the award to 20th Century Fox’s rerelease of “Star Wars” in January, Castle Rock’s “Absolute Power” in February and Universal’s “Liar Liar” in March. At the end the year, FIC will nominate the five best-marketed pics of 1997. From that pool, it will choose one pic to receive the Charles M. Powell Award in February 1998.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut