BOSTON — The National Film Registry of the Library of Congress gets a lot of mileage out of its annual addition of 25 titles to its list of American films that are “culturally, historical, or aesthetically significant.” Less known is its nonprofit tour of classic films to all 50 states, now in its third year.Hitting an average of one state per month, the tour arrives in California —its 25th state — in January. Of the 200 titles currently in the registry, 25 features and 10 shorts have been selected for the tour, with each locale selecting the titles they wish to showcase. Among the contributors of prints are Turner Entertainment, Warner Bros., Universal, Paramount, Sony Pictures Entertainment, MGM and 20th Century Fox.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut