The Halloween movie season gets underway with a screening of a rare new 35mm print of Alfred Hitchcock’s “Psycho” that highlights the Orpheum Theatre’s third annual “Spook-a-thon ’97” horror film festival, unspooling on Oct. 25 and Nov. 1. Showtimes are 6 p.m. on both days.Also screening in the fest will be the first theatrical showing in nearly 20 years of the Disney animated classic “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.” The festival is dedicated to saving and reviving the gothic Orpheum, built in 1926, and will include a Bette Davis/Joan Crawford lookalike contest to coincide with screenings of “Whatever Happened to Baby Jane” and “The Unknown.” The theater is located at 842 S. Broadway in downtown Los Angeles. For more information, call 213-239-0949.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California