Paramount-based Phase One Prods. has picked up first-time scribe Brian Everingham’s spec script “Faith” for a low six-figure against mid six-figure pricetag, sources said Monday.Project, following in the vein of hip horror pics such as “Scream,” is about a book character that comes to life and begins committing the crimes he was perpetrating in the book. Joe Wizan and Don Schneider of Phase One will produce. Phase One’s deal is with Paramount. The spec was bought with the company’s discretionary fund. Marcie Wright of the Wright Concept and attorney Steve Burkow brokered the deal for the rookie writer.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut