Warner Bros. Records artist Tom Petty has been inked to appear in Kevin Costner’s “The Postman,” a futuristic actioner in which Costner stars and directs. The signing marks Petty’s feature film debut.Petty will play the mayor in the story about a man (Costner) who keeps society together in a post-apocalyptic world by continuing to deliver mail to the survivors. “The Postman” was scripted by Eric Roth and Brian Helgeland from a novel by David Brin. The film, which also stars Larenz Tate and Olivia Williams, who is also making her feature bow, is shooting in Arizona, Oregon and Washington.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut