Will Patton, who recently finished his role as Kevin Costner’s nemesis in the Costner-directed apocalyptic feature “The Postman,” has joined “Armageddon,” another apocalyptic pic that is now filming for Disney.Patton, who previously co-starred as Costner’s antagonist in “No Way Out,” will play Bruce Willis’ best friend in “Armageddon.” Pic deals with the end of the world as a giant asteroid comes hurling at Earth. The pic, due to wrap in January, is directed by Michael Bay and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay and Gale Anne Hurd. Scripted by Robert Roy Pool and Jonathan Hensleigh, the film also stars Billy Bob Thornton, Liv Tyler and Ben Affleck. Patton’s deal was set by Danny Sussman of the William Morris Agency and his managers, Kate Edwards and Jim Curtan.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut