The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences has officially invited filmmakers from 68 countries to submit films for consideration in the foreign-language film category of this year’s Academy Awards.Entry forms must reach the academy by Nov. 3, and films must be submitted by Nov. 18. All official rules of entry and competition are the same as last year. To be eligible for consideration in the 1997 Oscars, a film must have its first public screening in a commercial theater in its home country between Nov. 1, 1996, and Oct. 31, 1997, and must have been produced with a basically non-English-language dialogue track, in a language of the submitting country. For information about the foreign-language film award, call Patrick Stockstill, awards coordinator, at the Academy, (310) 247-3000; fax, (310) 247-2600.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut