SANTIAGO, Chile – Moviegoing in the Santiago area – 60% of Chile’s total – dropped by 9% in 1996 due to a very weak first semester. The slippage was partly compensated for by a series of blockbusters in the second half of the year.The top 10 films accounted for 48.5% of the year’s total take. These were headed by “Independence Day,” “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” and “Twister.” The only surprises in the top 10 list were “Seven” as the No. 4 hit and “Don Juan de Marco,” at No. 9. The Critics Circle award for best film of 1996 went to “The Usual Suspects,” distributed by Transeuropa Films.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut