Citing creative differences, director Stacy Title has fallen out of MGM’s feature version of “The Mod Squad,” a bigscreen update of the hit age-of-Aquarius TV series about three young dropouts who are rehabilitated and become undercover cops. Title had a significantly “grittier” vision for the film than the pic’s producers, sources said, prompting her departure from the project. MGM, which had no comment, had slated “Mod Squad” for an April release. Producing are Aaron Spelling, whose company created the 1968-1973 series, Ben Myron, Alan Riche and Tony Ludwig. Title previously helmed the indie film “The Last Supper,” a dark comedy.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut