The L.A..-based arm of Canal Plus’ digital studio, Medialab, and post-production entity Four Media Co. (4MC) have formed a joint venture to provide real-time animation and production capabilities for creation of virtual characters, backgrounds and effects.The new venture, dubbed Medialab Studio L.A., is housed within 4MC’s facility in Burbank. The studio gives producers access to Medialab’s proprietary animation software, and proprietary devices such as those used for facial animation, puppeteering and motion-capture work. Silicon Studio/LA, Silicon Graphics’ Santa Monica training center, will offer courses in the processes available at the new facility.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut