The L.A..-based arm of Canal Plus’ digital studio, Medialab, and post-production entity Four Media Co. (4MC) have formed a joint venture to provide real-time animation and production capabilities for creation of virtual characters, backgrounds and effects.The new venture, dubbed Medialab Studio L.A., is housed within 4MC’s facility in Burbank. The studio gives producers access to Medialab’s proprietary animation software, and proprietary devices such as those used for facial animation, puppeteering and motion-capture work. Silicon Studio/LA, Silicon Graphics’ Santa Monica training center, will offer courses in the processes available at the new facility.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California