Montreal-based Telescene and Finnish producer Mandart Entertainment have begun lensing the Michael Ironside starrer “Going to Kansas City,” Telescene officials have announced.The pic, produced by Pamela Mandart and Lise Abastado and filmed mostly outside Montreal, is budgeted at $4 million. Teenage troubles Penned by Morrie Ruvinsky and exec produced by Telescene prexy Robin Spry, “Kansas City” is the story of the troubles of a liberated Finnish teenager when he ends up living on a farm in a conservative small town. Park Entertainment is handling international sales, except in Canada and Scandinavia, which will be handled by Telescene and Mandart, respectively. “Kansas City” has no U.S. distributor.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut