Anjelica Huston has been cast as the evil stepmother in Fox Family Films’ update of “Cinderella,” which features Drew Barrymore in the title role.Andy Tennant helms the film, set to go before the cameras Sept. 12 in France. Also joining the cast are British actor Dougray Scott — whose credits include “Twin Town,” “Princess Caraboo” and the upcoming “Deep Impact” — as Prince Charming. Melanie Lynsky, who co-starred in “Heavenly Creatures” and “The Frighteners,” fills the role of one of the churlish stepsisters. The other stepsister has yet to be cast. Written by “Pocahontas” scribe Susannah Grant, the pic is a lush update of the fairy tale. Pic is produced by Blue Peach Prods. for Chris Meledandri’s Fox Family Film division. Huston’s current projects include “Dances With Fishes” for Lakeshore Entertainment.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut