Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment have inked Woody Harrelson to star alongside Matthew McConaughey in Ron Howard’s “Ed TV,” sources said Wednesday.Harrelson will play the brother of McConaughey, a video store clerk who becomes an unlikely celeb when he lets a cable-access TV show shoot his life 24 hours a day. Imagine’s Howard is directing and Brian Grazer will produce the pic, which is scripted by Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel. Harrelson also joins Elizabeth Hurley and Ellen DeGeneres in the pic. Harrelson, the former “Cheers” star who has gone onto a feverish career on the bigscreen with such pics as “White Men Can’t Jump,” “People vs. Larry Flynt” and “Natural Born Killers,” was last onscreen in “Welcome to Sara-jevo” for Miramax. His deal was brokered by Bryan Lourd of CAA.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut