UNITED KINGDOMLakeshore Intl. has agreed to co-finance the British project “Among Giants,” to be directed by Marc Evans (“House of America”). Lakeshore is putting up $1.4 million of the $3.7 million budget in return for worldwide rights excluding the U.K. The remaining finance will come from British Screen, the BBC and the Arts Council’s lottery fund. The pic will star Pete Postlethwaite and Rachel Griffiths in a story of two friends who turn against each other when one falls for a young hitchhiker. Shooting starts in August. It’s the first feature from London-based Kudos Prods. Producer is Stephen Garrett.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut