Michael Douglas has jumped aboard Paramount Pictures’ “The General’s Daughter” for studio-based production company Neufeld/Rehme. Douglas will develop the drama with an eye toward it being his next starring role. The project, based on the Nelson DeMille book, is about an undercover detective for the military called upon to investigate the rape and murder of the base commander’s daughter. The project has been through several incarnations with various talent attached. Paramount bought the property in 1992 for $700,000. Douglas last starred in “The Ghost and the Darkness” for Par. He is repped by CAA’s Richard Lovett.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut