Miramax Films’ “Cop Land,” the second feature film by “Heavy” director James Mangold, which stars Sylvester Stallone, is undergoing significant reshoots, sources say. Despite reports that the picture might move to an Oct. 1 release date, a Miramax spokeswoman said the company has no plans to move the film from its Aug. 1 date.“Cop Land” was supposed to be shown in Cannes, but the film was not ready in time. Miramax did show some footage to journalists there. It is understood that some of the footage that must be reshot includes Stallone 40 pounds heavier than he is now. Miramax would not comment. Although the old adage about weight gain after marriage often holds true, sources close to the newly married Stallone say the actor would not likely gain the weight back for any reshoots.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania