Charles Gordon’s Daybreak Prods. has inked scribe David Berenbaum to pen an untitled police comedy for a low six-figure sum, sources said Tuesday.Berenbaum will write the pic, a fish-out-of-water story about a bumbling detective in the big city. It marks his first studio assignment. Gordon, whose deal is with Universal, will produce. The company is paying for the project out of its discretionary fund. Berenbaum’s credits include “Christmas in New Jersey,” which he recently sold to Live Entertainment. Nicholas Staff of J. Michael Bloom brokered the deal for Berenbaum along with attorney Todd Stern.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut