LONDON — Prince Edward’s production company, Ardent Prods., has teamed up with London Films to sign a first-look deal for screenplays by the actor Corbin Bernsen.At the same time, the two British companies have taken an option on Bernsen’s first script, “Isle of Mann,” which he is lined up to direct, and on two further projects written by Bernsen. The deal was brokered by Ben Silverman, head of international packaging, Europe, at the William Morris Agency. Prince Edward, the youngest of Queen Elizabeth II’s four children, set up Ardent in 1993 with former BBC exec Eben Foggitt. While the company’s documentary projects have traded on the prince’s royal connections, covering such subjects as the restoration of Windsor Castle after a damaging fire, Ardent is also trying to establish itself with a broader range of programming.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- John Madden on Releasing Jessica Chastain Political Thriller ‘Miss Sloane’ in Trump era U.S.
- Playback: Dev Patel on ‘Lion’ and Diversity’s Double-Edged Sword
- ‘Moonlight,’ ‘Silence,’ ‘Stranger Things’ Among AFI Awards Official Selections
- Last Year’s Oscar Winners, This Year’s Contenders Land Grammy Nominations
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut