LONDON — “Appetite,” a $2.5 million feature from first-time director George Milton, will be the first pro-duction financed by the Alternative Cinema Co., the arthouse division of J&M Entertainment.The British pic stars German singer Ute Lemper in a psychological ensemble drama set in a faded grand hotel. Milton, who previously directed the short “No Such Thing,” wrote the screenplay, and the producers are Simon Johnson and Charly Cantor of Loud Mouse Prods. The Alternative Cinema Co. is funding the pic alongside the Isle of Man Film Commission. It starts shooting Monday.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut