As part of the “Academy Standards” series, a newly restored print of the 1965 epic love story “Doctor Zhivago,” featuring six-track DTS digital sound, will be screened by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater.The pic, produced by Carlo Ponti and directed by David Lean, won five Academy Awards. A special opportunity to view the Academy’s current exhibition of “The Man Who Drew Bug-Eyed Monsters: The Movie Poster Art of Reynold Brown,” which includes art from “Doctor Zhivago,” will be available Friday only from 6:30 p.m. until the screening begins. Regular gallery hours are Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and weekends, noon to 6 p.m. Tickets for the screening are $5 for the general public and $3 for Academy members. They may be purchased in advance at the Academy, by mail, or on the night of the screening. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. The Academy is at 8949 Wilshire Blvd. in Beverly Hills. For more information, call (310) 247-3600.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut