A tourist tram burst into flames at Universal Studios Monday, sending passengers fleeing and igniting a building on the Western backlot.Nobody was hurt and the blaze was under investigation, authorities said. The fire broke out shortly after 10:30 a.m. and was controlled in about 15 minutes, said Los Angeles County fire spokesman Steve Valenzuela. The gas-powered tram was carrying about 15 passengers on a tour of the studio when it caught fire. About 30 firefighters fought the blaze, which sent smoke billowing from the building and burned the tram down to its metal skeleton. Damage was estimated at $100,000.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut