“It’s a day from hell!” said one Paramount Pictures employee early Thursday morning who fell victim to a studiowide computer crash. The shutdown affected the entire lot, forcing the workers to go without their technical wizardry until technicians could go from office to office. This left workers without email, word processors and computerized phone sheets. Even switchboard operators were stymied. Wags suggested the computer crash was caused by a virus left over from the computer thriller “Viruosity,” which, incidentally, also crashed last year.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut