Although a jury found Miller Brewing unlawfully used the Spin Doctors hit “Two Princes” for a commercial, the group has reached a confidential settlement with the company.The jury found that Miller and the Leap Partnership used a “substantially similar” song in a 1995 beer commercial without paying the group. The company had sought permission but was turned down. “We feel great,” said Spin Doctors attorney Joseph Schleimer, who had said he intended to ask jurors to award $11.5 million in damages. “It’s a two-year lawsuit. (We) had nine lawyers on the other side and they ran us ragged. We’re glad it came to a successful conclusion.” Defense attorney Joel Smith, who represented Miller and the Leap Partnership, declined to comment.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut