The Shotmaker Co. has named Roy Atlas president and chief operating officer of the camera-car and equipment company and has relocated its main offices to North Hollywood’s new-media district. Former O’Mel-veny & Meyers attorney Laird Robertson also has joined the company as CEO.A division of Camera Platforms Intl., Shotmaker was founded in 1983 by filmmaker Hal Needham and won an Academy Award in 1986 for its special rig, which allows filming of a moving car. Shotmaker currently is planning an expansion of operations, said Robertson, “by applying our expertise to other products and services and through the acquisition of other companies.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania