WASHINGTON — Rep. Joe Kennedy (D-Mass.) introduced a bill Thursday that would ban hard-liquor advertising on television and radio.The legislation is virtually identical to a bill he introduced last year that failed to reach even a committee level vote. Kennedy said he reintroduced the bill after learning that Hiram Walker is expanding its broadcast advertising campaign for Kahlua brand drinks. The new ads will air on cablers USA Network and Comedy Central, according to Kennedy. In addition, Kennedy claims the ads will air on some stations during Fox’s “The X-Files.” Hiram Walker was unavailable for comment Thursday. Kennedy said his legislation is supported by 60 local, state and national organizations.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut