Warner Bros. Records has upped media maven Bob Merlis to the newly created post of senior veep of worldwide corporate communications. The industry vet will continue to represent the label and its divisions, in addition to working with selected artists.Merlis will also work with his publicity counterparts at Time Warner and Warner Music Group, and will continue to function as an A&R source for new comedy signings. “Bob has established a reputation for honesty, accuracy and accessibility,” Warner Bros. chairman/CEO Russ Thyret said. In the process, he has set a standard for creative media relations that is without parallel.” Previously, Merlis was senior veep/director of media relations, a post he has held since 1992.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California