Warner Bros. Records has upped media maven Bob Merlis to the newly created post of senior veep of worldwide corporate communications. The industry vet will continue to represent the label and its divisions, in addition to working with selected artists.Merlis will also work with his publicity counterparts at Time Warner and Warner Music Group, and will continue to function as an A&R source for new comedy signings. “Bob has established a reputation for honesty, accuracy and accessibility,” Warner Bros. chairman/CEO Russ Thyret said. In the process, he has set a standard for creative media relations that is without parallel.” Previously, Merlis was senior veep/director of media relations, a post he has held since 1992.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut